Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- CoastLine: Foster Care in New Hanover County
- In the MC Erny Gallery: Pieced Together by Elizabeth Singletary and Robert Salemme
Nan Graham has deep roots in Alabama and Carolina soil. She graduated from Tuscaloosa High School and attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where she graduated with an AB in English. She obtained her Masters degree from The Citadel in Charleston. In 1995 Nan began broadcasting her bi- weekly commentaries on WHQR Public Radio in Wilmington. She continues these bi-weekly broadcasts along with teaching at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington in the Honors College. She has taught for thirty-eight years...everything from first grade to graduate level university courses...(the last is far easier than first grade!).
A lifelong Southerner, Nan Graham's spirited view of her cock-eyed family and friends has delighted public radio listeners for years. Nan's second book, In a Magnolia Minute...Secrets of a Late Bloomer as well as her first, Turn South at the Next Magnolia: Directions from a Life-long Southerner, were both on the SEBA (Southeastern Booksellers' Association) bestseller list. The books are compilations of her best and most popular radio commentaries which have been broadcast continuously since January 1995.
Nan is presently working on her third book of commentaries and a novel set in post WWII Wilmington.
You can visit her website at nangraham.com.