Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- In the MC Erny Gallery: Pieced Together by Elizabeth Singletary and Robert Salemme
- Soup to Nuts Live!: Rebekah Todd
A native of the South Carolina low country, Mimi Cunningham has lived in Wilmington since 1974 and worked in news and public relations at UNC Wilmington from 1982 until her retirement in March, 2008. She studied at the University of South Carolina at Columbia, earning bachelor and master degrees in journalism.
Active in the community, she is a member of the Wilmington Rotary Club, serving as the club’s first female president in 1994-95. She has served as secretary of the GE Retirees Association since 2009. She is a past board member of WHQR, life member and past local and state president of the American Association of University Women, and the charitable Landfall Foundation, which she served as president from 2001 to 2003. Mimi is a member of First Baptist Church of Wilmington and is married to Thomas G. Cunningham, retired from GE.