Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Beach Renourishment as Shoreline Protection Tool
- Scientists Call For Halt to Oil & Gas Exploration Program
- North Topsail working to Remove Rocks on Beach; Requesting Extension on Sand Project
- Residents Fight Mark Twain National Forest Restoration Plan
A native of Bloomington, Indiana, Ken is new to Wilmington and WHQR. Ken hosts Morning Edition and is producer for WHQR’s new weekly talk show, CoastLine.
Ken spent the first 24 years of his radio career in upstate New York, the first year at WHCU in Ithaca, the rest at WSKG in Binghamton. At the latter, he served in a variety of roles. He hosted classical and jazz music and a weekly folk program. Ken eventually anchored the station’s Morning Edition for 7 years. Most recently, as Director of the station’s radio service, he helped start their regular talk program, Community Conversation.
Ken received his bachelor’s degree in Music from Denison University. When time allows (which isn’t often enough), he plays some guitar and occasionally dusts off his saxophones.