Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Gareth Evans has lived and worked in Wilmington since 1997. He came to North Carolina from his native Wales after finishing an undergraduate degree in History and American Studies at Swansea University. The reason for coming was to get his Master’s degree in American History at UNCW. Gareth worked at the nonprofit Historic Wilmington Foundation from 2001 to 2009 in various roles and continued in the field of preservation by taking the job as Executive Director of the Bellamy Mansion Museum of History and Design Arts in 2010.
Gareth has been a long-time fan and supporter of WHQR and volunteers his time at a number of local nonprofits. He lives near downtown with his wife Jessica and their two young daughters, Lucy and Eliza.