Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- Scientists Call For Halt to Oil & Gas Exploration Program
- CoastLine: Beach Renourishment as Shoreline Protection Tool
- North Topsail working to Remove Rocks on Beach; Requesting Extension on Sand Project
- Residents Fight Mark Twain National Forest Restoration Plan
Barbara J. Bush was born and raised in Wilmington, NC. She attended St. Mary's College in Raleigh, NC, and finished her college career with a degree in English from UNC-Chapel Hill. Later, she went back to school and became a Certified Public Accountant.
Barbara is married to Cameron Bush and has two daughters, Forbes and Isabel. She is an avid cat lover and has a beautiful Persian named Smush. Her favorite hobbies are swimming in the ocean and cooking. Barbara has been a longtime public radio fan and has volunteered extensively at WHQR. In fact, she may have even bugged you to answer phones for a pledge drive. She is now ecstatic to be part of the WHQR team and would still love for you to volunteer at the station and be a part of this wonderful organization.