Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces Completed Purchase of WHQR Facilities by Friends of Public Radio, Inc.
- Changes in Entrepreneurial Landscape Open Space for Start-Ups in Small Cities like Wilmington
- Cinematique Presents "The Grand Seduction"
- Soup to Nuts Live!: Jesse Stockton
- UNCW Professor Pioneers Face Aging Technology
Andy Wood, a WHQR commentator since February 1987, is an ecologist and conservation educator with an affinity for ecosystem habitats in and around southeastern North Carolina, and the plants, wildlife, and people they support. A collection of Andy’s commentaries is collected into his first book, Backyard Carolina: Two Decades of Public Radio Commentary.