Most Active Stories
WHQR's Community Commentary
Do you have a great story you just need to tell? A grand vision for the Cape Fear? Perhaps a classic song, film, book, or piece of art you'd like to share your knowledge of? WHQR is looking to highlight the voices of community commentators this Spring season, and we want to hear from you!
How to submit your potential commentary:
Please send NO MORE than 500 words to email@example.com along with your name and phone number.
Commentaries featured on WHQR Public Radio should serve as snapshots of the lives, thoughts, occupations, and experiences of their authors. When crafting a commentary, the author should ask him/herself: how does this establish a connection to a place, time, or idea, etc., and how will it connect with my fellow listeners?
Below are a set of guidelines Community Commentators must follow:
- Commentators must be 18 years of age or older OR provide proof of parental consent.
- Commentators may not use pseudonyms.
- Commentary length must fall between 2 and 3 minutes. (Around 500 words maximum.)
- Commentators may not promote themselves or their businesses in their commentaries.
- A call to action for other non-profit organizations or solicitations of funds for organizations other than WHQR during an on-air local commentary is prohibited, in accordance with FCC law.
- Endorsement of, or negative criticism of specific political candidates or political parties as a part of commentaries is prohibited.
- The use of profane or foul language is prohibited.
- The use of a local figure or any other non-public-figure’s full name without their authorization is prohibited.
- Personal attacks or slurs concerning an identified individual, organization, business, race, religion, ethnicity, or sexual orientation are prohibited.
*WHQR reserves the right to select or reject community commentaries for any reason and to edit for length, clarity, and broadcast standards.