The WHQR Partnership Challenge - Fall Pledge Drive 2013
Non-profits in the Cape Fear region know that WHQR Public Radio is an essential part of a strong marketing plan, and one of the best ways to expand their reach.
In our 2013 Fall Drive, October 9-15, WHQR will salute local non-profits that make a difference in our community, and give your group a chance to be heard even more. Winners of our Partnership Challenge will receive underwriting contracts on WHQR.
Here’s how it will work:
- Local businesses and groups sign up for pledge drive phone shifts of 3 or 4 hours during our drive, October 9-15.
- Your organization sends 4 representatives for the entire shift – staff, volunteers, board or friends
- Each shift is assigned a goal based on time of day and day of the week
- The captain of your group will be interviewed on the air during your shift about your group and the reason you support the station
- The groups with the best percentage over the goal will receive contracts for on-air underwriting:
- $1,000 first prize
- $500 second prize
- If the winner is a business, it is encouraged to use its underwriting to support a non-profit in the community along with company name
- All shifts will be fed delicious food
- So be part of the fun!
To claim a shift in our Fall Drive, email email@example.com with your preferred shifts. Please list three shifts in order of preference. You will receive a confirmation email within two days of your submission. Shifts are first-come first-served!
The deadline to sign up is September 27, but we expect spots to fill up right away.