Most Active Stories
- You're Invited! The WHQR Meet Up Kick-Off Event
- Websites with Adult Ads Contribute to Sex Trafficking of Kids; Law Officers Call the Sites Helpful
- Cinematique Presents "Foxcatcher"
- National Bill To End Modern Slavery May Address Local Human Trafficking Issue
- On the Next CoastLine: Terminal Groin Projects Underway in North Carolina
WHQR 91.3fm Public Radio is currently accepting submissions from artists for the next ten shows in the WHQR Gallery that will run from June 2014 through early 2016. Artwork must be two dimensional and able to hang on a wall. Interested artists must electronically submit their information along with three examples of artwork by April 11, 2014. We ask that submissions include an artist statement, dimensions and medium, pricing suggestions, and any suggestions and/or ideas for an exhibit at the WHQR Gallery. A jury will meet in April to select the artists.
Art exhibitions rotate every two months. WHQR will host an opening reception and one additional reception on Fourth Friday nights. The artist is expected to pay for 50% of the reception costs. The majority of the pieces must be available for purchase. WHQR will retain 35% of the sale price as a commission. The Gallery has approximately 900 square feet of total floor space. There is roughly 66 feet of linear wall space, and the ceiling height is approximately 12 feet. Regularly Gallery hours are Monday - Friday from 10AM to 4PM.