Most Active Stories
- HoHo Shorts Countdown: "Oh! Christmas Tree" by Mary Kaye Hester
- Wilmington Housing Authority Seeks Social Equity-Minded Partners
- Representative Susi Hamilton Speaks Out on State's New Tax Reform Package
- HoHo Shorts Countdown: "Crying with Santa" by Katharine Frazier
- Waste Part I: Managing the New Commodity
Thu August 22, 2013
Under the Dome: Rafael Guastavino
Architectural domes were the masterpieces of Rafael Guastavino whose amazing structures were built on the principle he created and patented: The Guastavino Tile Arch System.
This Spanish immigrant’s work can be seen here in Wilmington at St. Mary Roman Catholic Church, which he designed in 1908.
Nan Graham has been a commentator for WHQR for almost twenty years, and has two collections of commentaries and a third book in the works. Her website is nangraham.com.
WHQR Commentaries don't necessarily reflect the views of WHQR Radio, its editorial staff , or its members.