Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Thu August 22, 2013
Under the Dome: Rafael Guastavino
Architectural domes were the masterpieces of Rafael Guastavino whose amazing structures were built on the principle he created and patented: The Guastavino Tile Arch System.
This Spanish immigrant’s work can be seen here in Wilmington at St. Mary Roman Catholic Church, which he designed in 1908.
Nan Graham has been a commentator for WHQR for almost twenty years, and has two collections of commentaries and a third book in the works. Her website is nangraham.com.
WHQR Commentaries don't necessarily reflect the views of WHQR Radio, its editorial staff , or its members.