Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Sun July 21, 2013
Summer Pledge Partner: Cape Fear River Watch
During this pledge drive, WHQR is partnering with Cape Fear River Watch!
For every pledge to WHQR, Cape Fear River Watch and the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission will release a striped bass* into the Cape Fear River, helping restore their population.
About Cape Fear River Watch: Founded in 1994, Cape Fear River Watch been education citizens of all ages, advocating for healthy development on and near the river, and taking action to clean up the Cape Fear. Fish populations in the Cape Fear River had been dwindling for 100 years. Thanks to the restoration efforts of Cape Fear River Watch, our fishery is growing again – which not only helps improve the ecosystem, but helps build a strong economy, too. Your pledge to WHQR directly benefits these river restoration efforts.
Pledge by mail, phone (910-343-1138), or online.
* For each pledge, Cape Fear River Watch will donate funds to NC Wildlife Resources Commission to support striped bass restoration efforts in the Cape Fear River, such as the upcoming release of 100,000 striped bass, averaging about 6 inches in length, this winter.
Inside WHQR 2014