Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Beach Renourishment as Shoreline Protection Tool
- Scientists Call For Halt to Oil & Gas Exploration Program
- North Topsail working to Remove Rocks on Beach; Requesting Extension on Sand Project
- Residents Fight Mark Twain National Forest Restoration Plan
Fri August 23, 2013
From the StoryCorps Archives: Melinda and Blaire Erwin on Sexuality
Just over two years ago, the StoryCorps mobile soundbooth came to Wilmington and recorded rich stories of family, heritage, and personal struggle. WHQR News is thrilled to bring this wonderful catalog of Wilmington back for a second look.
In this clip, Melinda and Blaire Ervin speak about sexuality and the community perception of sexuality. Speaking about life before coming out: “I shouldn’t have these feelings…it made me sad that I couldn’t be who I wanted to be.” Listen to the audio clip, a story of empowerment and feeling comfortable being yourself.
(April 20, 2011)