Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- CoastLine: Foster Care in New Hanover County
- In the MC Erny Gallery: Pieced Together by Elizabeth Singletary and Robert Salemme
Thu June 27, 2013
From the StoryCorps Archives: "And something changed in me that day."
Just over two years ago, the StoryCorps mobile soundbooth came to Wilmington and recorded rich stories of family, heritage, and personal struggle. WHQR News is thrilled to bring this wonderful catalog of Wilmington back for a second look.
In today's story, Michael Glancy tells Kathleen Glancy about his experience coming of age as a busboy in Wilmington, navigating complicated race relations, and his eventual departure from the town.
(April 5, 2011)