Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- Scientists Call For Halt to Oil & Gas Exploration Program
- CoastLine: Beach Renourishment as Shoreline Protection Tool
- Residents Fight Mark Twain National Forest Restoration Plan
- North Topsail working to Remove Rocks on Beach; Requesting Extension on Sand Project
February 28, 6:30 PM
Wed February 13, 2013
STNL: Brent Stimmel
The Soup to Nuts Live! concert series features musicians and bands from a wide variety of musical styles. Please join us Thursday, February 28 for a special performance by local singer-songwriter Brent Stimmel. On-air host George Scheibner will interview the performer during breaks in the show. You'll hear the music and find out about the musician creating it.
About Brent: A true Wilmington native and local favorite, Brent Stimmel was born in Wilmington and spent much of his younger years in Raleigh, North Carolina. He returned to the coast for school and it was during his time at UNCW that he honed his voice and started performing at open mic nights around Wilmington. Brent became a Sunday morning staple at Wilmington’s Dixie Grill amassing a loyal following that supports him some 10 years later. Though he started at the Dixie, Brent has played his folk and alternative country music in the majority of bars, restaurants, and festivals in and around the coast.
$10 Donation requested