Most Active Stories
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Jan. 12, 6:30PM
Fri January 6, 2012
Soup to Nuts Live! - Kyle Lindley
The Soup to Nuts Live! concert series features musicians and bands from a wide variety of musical styles. Please join us Thursday, January 12 for a special performance by Kyle Lindley. On-air host George Scheibner will interview the performer during breaks in the show. You'll hear the music and find out about the musician creating it.
"A native of the Wilmington, NC area, Kyle Lindley began playing and writing at the age of 14. He started playing professionally while attending the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, playing local clubs and bars in and around the city. Starting with Bob Dylan, his fascination in Folk music grew immensely affecting his writing. Brought up on legends such as Van Morrison, Neil Young, Woody Guthrie and Jerry Jeff Walker, Kyle began a journey of traditional interest in roots music. Now he is writing well crafted and critically acclaimed songs of contemporary and Old Time reference."
All concerts in the Soup to Nuts Live! concert series are recorded before a live audience in WHQR's gallery space for future on-air broadcast.
Doors open at 6:30PM. Concert starts at 7:30
Join us for the pre-concert reception of light snacks and drinks (beer and wine available).
Suggested Donation $5
RSVP by calling (910) 343-1640 or by requesting tickets via our Facebook event.