Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Wed November 28, 2012
Publisher of Greater Wilmington Business Journal examines local commercial real estate trends
It could be the second half of 2013 before the commercial real estate market shows signs of recovery – according to national experts. And any comeback would have to follow an upswing in the residential sector.
As WHQR’s Rachel Lewis Hilburn learned after talking with Greater Wilmington Business Journal publisher Rob Kaiser, the outlook for the Cape Fear region’s commercial market isn’t vastly different from the national picture.
But whether the spate of recent restaurant closings in downtown Wilmington is emblematic of the sector isn't really an open question for Kaiser.
For more information on the GWBJ new searchable website featuring commercial real estate, visit WilmingtonSPACE.com.
For information on the 2012 Wilma Expo, click here.
Note: The Expo opens at 11 AM on Saturday -- NOT 9 AM as stated in the interview.