Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- Soup to Nuts Live!: Rebekah Todd
Tue February 5, 2013
Overnight work scheduled for public utilities project
A water valve replacement project will resume Tuesday night in Wilmington along a portion of 16th Street between Castle and Ann Streets.
The work will take place overnight – from 7 p.m. until 7 a.m. Wednesday morning. But the project could cause some modest traffic delays according to CFPUA authorities.
Officials are asking drivers in those areas to give the crews a break and slow down.
Work on the project will affect about 70 customers, who should have already received notice of service interruptions. Those customers also have a boil-water advisory that will be in effect all this week, from 7 p.m. Tuesday through Friday morning at 8 a.m.
Officials say they expect the work to last three to four days.