Most Active Stories
- HoHo Shorts Countdown: "Oh! Christmas Tree" by Mary Kaye Hester
- Representative Susi Hamilton Speaks Out on State's New Tax Reform Package
- Wilmington Housing Authority Seeks Social Equity-Minded Partners
- HoHo Shorts Countdown: "Crying with Santa" by Katharine Frazier
- Cinematique Presents: "Kill Your Darlings"
Wed November 21, 2012
Obama To Pardon 2 Thanksgiving Turkeys
Originally published on Wed November 21, 2012 9:49 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. As the story goes, pardoning a turkey dates back to Lincoln, when his young son Tad begged his father to let the White House Thanksgiving meal live. Today, President Obama pardons two turkeys - Cobbler and Gobbler. Ahead of their big moment, the birds have been staying at the swanky W hotel, nibbling on organic meals prepared by the hotel's chef. And once pardoned, the turkeys will retire to Mount Vernon. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.