Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Wed January 16, 2013
NPR trial reporter has Wilmington, WHQR roots
If the NPR voice you hear covering the Aurora, Colorado trial of James Holmes sounds familiar, there's a good reason. The reporter is Megan Verlee, a/k/a Megan Williams of Wilmington, who won six regional Edward R. Murrow awards as a reporter for WHQR and now reports for Colorado Public Radio.
Ben Steelman of the Wilmington StarNews writes about Megan in the January 16th issue of the paper. He quotes Megan as saying "I can't wait to visit Wilmington again." We're proud that WHQR continues to be a great training ground for journalists.
--Cleve Callison, Station Manager