Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- Soup to Nuts Live!: Rebekah Todd
Wed January 16, 2013
NPR trial reporter has Wilmington, WHQR roots
If the NPR voice you hear covering the Aurora, Colorado trial of James Holmes sounds familiar, there's a good reason. The reporter is Megan Verlee, a/k/a Megan Williams of Wilmington, who won six regional Edward R. Murrow awards as a reporter for WHQR and now reports for Colorado Public Radio.
Ben Steelman of the Wilmington StarNews writes about Megan in the January 16th issue of the paper. He quotes Megan as saying "I can't wait to visit Wilmington again." We're proud that WHQR continues to be a great training ground for journalists.
--Cleve Callison, Station Manager