Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- Soup to Nuts Live!: Rebekah Todd
Midday Interview -July 16, 2013
Tue July 16, 2013
Midday Interview: Father Michael Oleksa Speaks in MC Erny Gallery
Father Michael Oleksa (officially Rev. Dr. Michael Oleksa), an Orthodox priest who has lived and served in Alaska for 43 years, will be speaking tonight, July 16th at 7:00 in WHQR’s MC Erny Gallery. He is a fascinating storyteller, anthropologist and educator whose mission is to foster greater understanding across boundaries of race and culture. His work has been featured on PBS in a four-part documentary. He’s a bit of a stand-up comic, so don’t miss his talk!
Father Michael’s visit to Wilmington is being sponsored by the parishes of Saint Basil the Great Orthodox Church and Saint Nicolas Greek Orthodox Church. For more information, visit WilmingtonOCA.org.
Midday Interview - Feb. 21, 2012
Midday Interviews -July 12, 2013
Midday Interview -July 11, 2013