Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Mon May 20, 2013
Kickoff for the Cape Fear 2040 Transportation Plan
Starting Tuesday, residents of Southeast North Carolina will be able to give their input into the future of transportation. The Wilmington Metropolitan Planning Organization, or MPO, will launch a public survey to consider a regional transportation plan for the year 2040.
The surveys will help determine how the region should invest in transportation of all modes, from bicycle and pedestrian projects, to rail, aviation, and roads. In this edition of Business Brief, WHQR’s Sara Wood talks to Transportation Planner Suraiya Rashid from the Wilmington MPO about the plan.