Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Tue September 17, 2013
Commentator Shane Fernando sifts through city directories, maps and newspapers and discovers the fascinating history of the man who built his home almost 100 years ago.
Commentator Shane Fernando is Director of Campus Life Arts and Programs at UNCW and lives with his partner in Historic Downtown Wilmington.
WHQR Commentaries don't necessarily reflect the views of WHQR Radio, its editorial staff , or its members.
Listeners share their views