Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- Soup to Nuts Live!: Rebekah Todd
December 16-18 @ Thalian Hall
Thu November 21, 2013
Cinematique Presents: "Kill Your Darlings"
Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) gives a fearless performance as young Allen Ginsberg in this mesmerizing true story of friendship, the early days of the Beat Generation and a passion that ends in murder. This biopic set during the famed beat poet's years at Columbia University centers on a murder investigation involving Ginsberg, his handsome classmate Lucien Carr (Dane DeHaan), and fellow Beat author William S. Burroughs (Ben Foster).
The year is 1944. Alongside Carr, Burroughs, and Jack Kerouac (Jack Huston), Ginsberg casts conformity to the wind, forming the foundation of the Beat movement. When someone dies mysteriously, police arrest Kerouac, Burroughs, and Carr as suspects. (Rated R, 1hr, 40min)
December 16-18, Monday-Wednesday
at Thalian Hall's Main Stage
“The excellently acted, fact-inspired "Kill Your Darlings" is a consistently interesting origin story with impressive period details ...” -New York Post
November 25-27 @ Thalian Hall
December 1-3 @ Thalian Hall