Most Active Stories
- HoHo Shorts Countdown: "Oh! Christmas Tree" by Mary Kaye Hester
- Wilmington Housing Authority Seeks Social Equity-Minded Partners
- Representative Susi Hamilton Speaks Out on State's New Tax Reform Package
- HoHo Shorts Countdown: "Crying with Santa" by Katharine Frazier
- Waste Part I: Managing the New Commodity
Fri March 29, 2013
Originally published on Fri March 29, 2013 11:14 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with a good read.
The social website Goodreads, where readers share reviews and book picks, got picked up yesterday by online retail giant Amazon. The price hasn't been disclosed. The co-founder of Goodreads says after the sale closes next quarter, the site will be integrated with Amazon's Kindle eReader. Goodreads has about 16 million members. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.