Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Wed April 24, 2013
Accidental Southerner: Edgar Allan Poe
John Sallis said, "We are all of us who believe passionately in literature, all of us who write professionally... we are all Poe's children." Nan Graham claims he is not only the first real American author, but the first Southern writer too.
Commentaries here on WHQR.org don't necessarily reflect the views of WHQR Public Radio, its editorial staff, or its members.