Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
And one remarkable day
Tue July 22, 2014
2-Day [yes, TWO] Drive Raises $65,085
seems to be the most apt word for the events of Tuesday, July 22nd. When we began, after a somewhat slow first day, it was hard to see how we could finish this summer's Keep It Short drive in even 3 days, let alone 2. The sudden $20,000 pledge at 6:57 am transformed everything and led to a very satisfying next 12 hours.
The final tally as of 7 pm on day 2 was $65,085 in pledges from 450 members. We are incredibly grateful to all everyone who helped out. More details to come on Wednesday.
Thank you, pledgers, for a very successful drive. This is one we'll remember for a long time.