Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- Scientists Call For Halt to Oil & Gas Exploration Program
- CoastLine: Beach Renourishment as Shoreline Protection Tool
- North Topsail working to Remove Rocks on Beach; Requesting Extension on Sand Project
- Residents Fight Mark Twain National Forest Restoration Plan
Philip Stine and his wife Veda Wilson moved to Wilmington more than 12 years ago. After international careers, they settled here because of the great climate and the area’s vibrant cultural and intellectual life. In addition to his management and publishing consultancy business, Phil and Veda are both active in many nonprofit boards and organizations. They are members of WHQR because the station contributes so much to the quality of life in this area.