Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- On the Next CoastLine: Long Term Plans for the Cape Fear Region
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- CoastLine: Vertex Rail on Incentives, Why Hometown Hires Will Make Up 10% of Workforce
Pat got started in public radio in 1960, becoming General Manager for his university station. And public radio stays in the blood. He worked in radio on and off during his long career as a GE executive. A California native, Pat commuted to Wilmington regularly on GE business, producing two regularly-scheduled radio shows on WHQR while still living in California. He retired to Wilmington in 1999 to be near the station. Now a professional volunteer, Pat has been WHQR's music librarian, capital campaign manager,and general doer-of-what-needs-to-be-done. A devoted music enthusiast, Pat has also long been active with Chamber Music Wilmington. A devoted foodie, he is a weekly chef at Good Shepherd Center. Pat will share his incomparable pledge-drive guacamole recipe in exchange for a $100 pledge to WHQR.