Most Active Stories
- WHQR'S Fundraising Luncheon with Cokie Roberts is Full - Thank You Everyone
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- Brunswick Concert Band: Traditional & Contemporary
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- The Spring 2015 WHQR Survey
A native of Bloomington, Indiana, Ken is new to Wilmington and WHQR. Ken hosts Morning Edition and is producer for WHQR’s new weekly talk show, CoastLine.
Ken spent the first 24 years of his radio career in upstate New York, the first year at WHCU in Ithaca, the rest at WSKG in Binghamton. At the latter, he served in a variety of roles. He hosted classical and jazz music and a weekly folk program. Ken eventually anchored the station’s Morning Edition for 7 years. Most recently, as Director of the station’s radio service, he helped start their regular talk program, Community Conversation.
Ken received his bachelor’s degree in Music from Denison University. When time allows (which isn’t often enough), he plays some guitar and occasionally dusts off his saxophones.