Most Active Stories
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- On the Next CoastLine: Long Term Plans for the Cape Fear Region
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- CoastLine: Vertex Rail on Incentives, Why Hometown Hires Will Make Up 10% of Workforce
Barbara J. Bush was born and raised in Wilmington, NC. She attended St. Mary's College in Raleigh, NC, and finished her college career with a degree in English from UNC-Chapel Hill. Later, she went back to school and became a Certified Public Accountant.
Barbara is married to Cameron Bush and has two daughters, Forbes and Isabel. She is an avid cat lover and has a beautiful Persian named Smush. Her favorite hobbies are swimming in the ocean and cooking. Barbara has been a longtime public radio fan and has volunteered extensively at WHQR. In fact, she may have even bugged you to answer phones for a pledge drive. She is now ecstatic to be part of the WHQR team and would still love for you to volunteer at the station and be a part of this wonderful organization.