Most Active Stories
- WHQR'S Fundraising Luncheon with Cokie Roberts is Full - Thank You Everyone
- Top BOEM Official Addresses Scientists' Concerns about Potential for Redundancy in Seismic Surveying
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- Brunswick Concert Band: Traditional & Contemporary
Barbara J. Bush was born and raised in Wilmington, NC. She attended St. Mary's College in Raleigh, NC, and finished her college career with a degree in English from UNC-Chapel Hill. Later, she went back to school and became a Certified Public Accountant.
Barbara is married to Cameron Bush and has two daughters, Forbes and Isabel. She is an avid cat lover and has a beautiful Persian named Smush. Her favorite hobbies are swimming in the ocean and cooking. Barbara has been a longtime public radio fan and has volunteered extensively at WHQR. In fact, she may have even bugged you to answer phones for a pledge drive. She is now ecstatic to be part of the WHQR team and would still love for you to volunteer at the station and be a part of this wonderful organization.