Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- CoastLine: Foster Care in New Hanover County
- Cinematique Presents "While We're Young"
Barbara J. Bush was born and raised in Wilmington, NC. She attended St. Mary's College in Raleigh, NC, and finished her college career with a degree in English from UNC-Chapel Hill. Later, she went back to school and became a Certified Public Accountant.
Barbara is married to Cameron Bush and has two daughters, Forbes and Isabel. She is an avid cat lover and has a beautiful Persian named Smush. Her favorite hobbies are swimming in the ocean and cooking. Barbara has been a longtime public radio fan and has volunteered extensively at WHQR. In fact, she may have even bugged you to answer phones for a pledge drive. She is now ecstatic to be part of the WHQR team and would still love for you to volunteer at the station and be a part of this wonderful organization.