Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- In the MC Erny Gallery: Pieced Together by Elizabeth Singletary and Robert Salemme
Interested in underwriting HQR? It's a unique way to market your business!
Underwriting, by definition, is recognition over the air for a business that provides financial support. It can be described as a marriage of philanthropy and marketing, demonstrating your business's goodwill through support of a respected non-profit community service, while sharing your message with an exceptionally devoted audience who are otherwise hard to reach through traditional media.
Underwriters enjoy a variety of benefits, including:
- Reaching our Audience - The HQR audience is more educated, which leads to affluence. They tend to have above average discretionary income, and they value the community service that HQR offers.
- Uncluttered Environment - The on-air environment on HQR is generally free of clutter, with minimal and non-intrusive underwriting messages airing throughout the day. There is very little audience tune-out, and listeners are more engaged when your message is aired.
- Image Building - Referred to as "The Halo Effect," by virtue of supporting HQR, your business develops a favorable image with our loyal listeners, making them more likely to purchase your products or services, and recommend them to others.
Who are HQR's underwriting partners? Click here for a complete list of businesses that support us through underwriting, on HQR News 91.3 FM, Classical HQR 96.7 FM, through display advertising on WHQR.org., and at Cinematique (the Art Film Series at Thalian Hall, co-presented by HQR and Thalian.)
Hear from some of them, in their own words, how underwriting has worked for their business. Check this out!
Contact our Underwriting team, Kate Brandis and Jeff Hunter, to learn more. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download our Media Kit here.