Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
WHQR Staff Blog
Mon September 17, 2012
WHQR + Ice Cream = A Great Afternoon For All at Hugh MacRae Park
On Sunday, September 16th, WHQR members, listeners and staff came together for an Ice Cream Social at Hugh MacRae Park in Wilmington. Young and old alike shared in the fun as station staff put their backs into it and dug through frozen containers of delicious flavors like Strawberry White Chocolate, Vanilla, and Lemon Basil from Velvet Freeze.
The event was another way for WHQR to say "Thank You" for the generous support that keeps Public Radio vibrant and viable, year-round. Make sure you browse all of the images in our photo gallery!