Most Active Stories
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Fri August 23, 2013
From the StoryCorps Archives: Melinda and Blaire Erwin on Sexuality
Just over two years ago, the StoryCorps mobile soundbooth came to Wilmington and recorded rich stories of family, heritage, and personal struggle. WHQR News is thrilled to bring this wonderful catalog of Wilmington back for a second look.
In this clip, Melinda and Blaire Ervin speak about sexuality and the community perception of sexuality. Speaking about life before coming out: “I shouldn’t have these feelings…it made me sad that I couldn’t be who I wanted to be.” Listen to the audio clip, a story of empowerment and feeling comfortable being yourself.
(April 20, 2011)