Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- CoastLine: Foster Care in New Hanover County
- Cinematique Presents "While We're Young"
Fri August 23, 2013
From the StoryCorps Archives: Melinda and Blaire Erwin on Sexuality
Just over two years ago, the StoryCorps mobile soundbooth came to Wilmington and recorded rich stories of family, heritage, and personal struggle. WHQR News is thrilled to bring this wonderful catalog of Wilmington back for a second look.
In this clip, Melinda and Blaire Ervin speak about sexuality and the community perception of sexuality. Speaking about life before coming out: “I shouldn’t have these feelings…it made me sad that I couldn’t be who I wanted to be.” Listen to the audio clip, a story of empowerment and feeling comfortable being yourself.
(April 20, 2011)