Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Thu October 24, 2013
Lady Chatterley's Lover and The New South Africa
D.H. Lawrence's novel, Lady Chatterly's Lover, was banned in 1958 and finally published in 1992. Commentator Gwenyfar Rohler, asks what made this book so terrifying that it could not be published? She receives her answer in a very unusual way.
Commentator Gwenyfar Rohler loves the classics, reading, and managing an independent bookstore in Downtown Wilmington.
WHQR Commentaries don't necessarily reflect the views of WHQR Radio, its editorial staff , or its members.