Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Wed November 21, 2012
Interview: Dr. Ted Spring, President of Cape Fear Community College
Cape Fear Community College has a new President.
Dr. Ted Spring has been in town for a little more than two weeks – fresh from a seven-year stint at New River Technical and Community College in West Virginia.
Spring is effusive about the quality of faculty and staff at CFCC, excited about living in the Cape Fear region, and over the moon about a certain staffer’s wife’s cookies.
But his penchant for enthusiasm doesn’t seem to impugn the seriousness of his insistence that CFCC is destined for national greatness, as he tells WHQR’s Rachel Lewis Hilburn.
Dr. Spring and wife Andrea will celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary this December. North Carolina is the 10th state the couple has called home, and Dr. Spring says they intend it to be the last.