Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- Soup to Nuts Live!: Rebekah Todd
Wed November 21, 2012
Interview: Dr. Ted Spring, President of Cape Fear Community College
Cape Fear Community College has a new President.
Dr. Ted Spring has been in town for a little more than two weeks – fresh from a seven-year stint at New River Technical and Community College in West Virginia.
Spring is effusive about the quality of faculty and staff at CFCC, excited about living in the Cape Fear region, and over the moon about a certain staffer’s wife’s cookies.
But his penchant for enthusiasm doesn’t seem to impugn the seriousness of his insistence that CFCC is destined for national greatness, as he tells WHQR’s Rachel Lewis Hilburn.
Dr. Spring and wife Andrea will celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary this December. North Carolina is the 10th state the couple has called home, and Dr. Spring says they intend it to be the last.