Most Active Stories
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
February 10-12 @ Thalian Hall, Wed Night Canceled
Fri January 17, 2014
Cinematique Presents: "Dallas Buyers Club"
Note: Tuesday, and Wednesday Nights Canceled Due to Weather, tickets honored for later showings
Nominated for six Oscars, including Best Picture, Best Actor (Matthew McConaughey) and, and Best Supporting Actor (Jared Leto), Dallas Buyers Club tells the story of real-life Texan Ron Woodroof, whose free-wheeling life was overturned in 1985 when he was diagnosed as HIV-positive.
These were the early days of the AIDS epidemic in the U.S. and Ron, now shunned and ostracized by many of his friends, and bereft of government-approved effective medicines, took matters in his own hands. Bypassing the establishment, the entrepreneurial Woodroof joined forces with a band of outcasts and established a hugely successful "buyers' club." Their struggle for dignity and acceptance is a unique story of transformative power. (R, 1hr, 57min.)
February 10-12, Monday-Wednesday,
7:30PM at Thalian Hall Main Stage
“Just about everything is right with Dallas Buyers Club, beginning with Matthew McConaughey's literally transformative portrayal.” -Philadelphia Inquirer
Friday and Saturday, 7:30 @ Thalian Hall
Jan 31- Feb 1 @ Thalian Hall
February 3-5, Extra Wed. Night Show!
January 19-21 @ Thalian Hall