Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- CoastLine: New Science Reinforces Alzheimer's Risk Can be Mitigated through Lifestyle Changes
April 10th, 7PM @ Thalian Hall
Wed April 9, 2014
Cinematique: "12 Years A Slave" (One Night Only)
Winner of the Academy Awards for Best Picture, Best Adapted Screenplay, and Best Supporting Actress, Twelve Years a Slave is based on the incredible true story of one man's fight for survival and freedom. In the pre-Civil War United States, Solomon Northup (Chiwetel Ejiofor), a free black man from upstate New York, is abducted and sold into slavery.
Facing cruelty as well as unexpected kindnesses, Solomon struggles not only to stay alive, but to retain his dignity. In the twelfth year of his unforgettable odyssey, Solomon’s chance meeting with a Canadian abolitionist (Brad Pitt) forever changes his life. The screenplay was adapted from Northup's memoir. (R, 2hr 14min)
Don't miss this special one-night-only screening of one of the season's most celebrated films!
One Night Only!
Thursday, April 10th, 7PM
Thalian Hall Main Stage
"One of the best and most courageous films of the year." -Calvin Wilson, St. Louis Post
April 7-9, 7:00 @ Thalian Hall
March 17-21, 7:00 @ Thalian Hall
March 31- April 2, 7:00 @Thalian Hall
March 10-12, 7:00 @ Thalian Hall