Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Beach Renourishment as Shoreline Protection Tool
- Scientists Call For Halt to Oil & Gas Exploration Program
- North Topsail working to Remove Rocks on Beach; Requesting Extension on Sand Project
- Residents Fight Mark Twain National Forest Restoration Plan
Thu November 14, 2013
Bucket of Joy
Commentator Philip Gerard goes on one more solitary adventure the summer before he turns six and is forced to start attending school.
Phillip Gerard is the author of seven books, eleven documentary scripts, and numerous short stories and essays. He chairs the Department of Creative Writing at UNC Wilmington.
WHQR Commentaries don't necessarily reflect the views of WHQR Radio, its editorial staff , or its members.