Most Active Stories
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
And one remarkable day
Tue July 22, 2014
2-Day [yes, TWO] Drive Raises $65,085
seems to be the most apt word for the events of Tuesday, July 22nd. When we began, after a somewhat slow first day, it was hard to see how we could finish this summer's Keep It Short drive in even 3 days, let alone 2. The sudden $20,000 pledge at 6:57 am transformed everything and led to a very satisfying next 12 hours.
The final tally as of 7 pm on day 2 was $65,085 in pledges from 450 members. We are incredibly grateful to all everyone who helped out. More details to come on Wednesday.
Thank you, pledgers, for a very successful drive. This is one we'll remember for a long time.