Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- WHQR'S Fundraising Luncheon with Cokie Roberts is Full - Thank You Everyone
- Top BOEM Official Addresses Scientists' Concerns about Potential for Redundancy in Seismic Surveying
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- "Silver Arts" Exhibit + Competition
Pat got started in public radio in 1960, becoming General Manager for his university station. And public radio stays in the blood. He worked in radio on and off during his long career as a GE executive. A California native, Pat commuted to Wilmington regularly on GE business, producing two regularly-scheduled radio shows on WHQR while still living in California. He retired to Wilmington in 1999 to be near the station. Now a professional volunteer, Pat has been WHQR's music librarian, capital campaign manager,and general doer-of-what-needs-to-be-done. A devoted music enthusiast, Pat has also long been active with Chamber Music Wilmington. A devoted foodie, he is a weekly chef at Good Shepherd Center. Pat will share his incomparable pledge-drive guacamole recipe in exchange for a $100 pledge to WHQR.