Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Beach Renourishment as Shoreline Protection Tool
- Scientists Call For Halt to Oil & Gas Exploration Program
- North Topsail working to Remove Rocks on Beach; Requesting Extension on Sand Project
- Residents Fight Mark Twain National Forest Restoration Plan
After growing up in Woodbridge, Virginia, Michelle attended Virginia Tech before moving to Wilmington to complete her Master in Fine Arts from the University of North Carolina in Wilmington. Her reporting and nonfiction writing have been featured on NPR’s All Things Considered, within the pages of Wrightsville Beach Magazine, and in literary journals like River Teeth and Ninth Letter. Before moving to Wilmington, Michelle served as the general manager for WUVT, a community radio station in Blacksburg, Virginia. She lives with her husband Scott and their pups, Katie, Cooper, and Mosey.
Michelle left WHQR in April 2012 to pursue her writing career.